Are you looking to improve your marketing and sales processes, but don’t have enough time to figure out how?
You should consider investing in a marketing automation tool.
Stats have it that businesses that implement marketing automation experience an average of a 451% increase in qualified leads.
These platforms are designed to automate various aspects of your marketing process, like email campaigns, sales processes, and social media management.
In this blog post, we will discuss the 27 best marketing automation tools for small businesses!
We shall discuss these tools in sections like:
- Email Marketing Automation Tools
- All-in-one Automation Platforms
- Lead Generation Tools
- Social Media Automation Tools
- Sales automation & CRM
- Content & Copywriting Tools
And other marketing automation software
Let’s get started.
Email Marketing Automation Tools
Email marketing tools are designed to help you create, send, automate and track your email campaigns.
It is one of the most crucial marketing automation tools for business owners.
Here are my favorite ones:
ActiveCampaign is a very powerful email marketing automation tool with sophisticated features.
Activecampaign offers dynamic content, conditional and segment-based automation rules, a drag-and-drop interface for building campaigns in minutes, unlimited contact imports from CSV files, and more.
Plus it is easy to use too.
You can even set up automated lead nurturing emails and can also customize the emails that are triggered for specific actions, which is a huge benefit!
- Drag and drop email automation designer
- Advanced segmentation & targetting
- Build custom forms for landing pages
- 500+ pre-built email automation
- Dynamic (and conditional) email content
- Free email templates
- Over 800 built-in apps and integrations
Plus, many more…
How much does ActiveCampaign cost?
ActiveCampaign has four pricing plans as follows:
- Lite plan: $9 per month
- Plus plan: $49 per month
- Professional plan: $129 per month
- Enterprise plan: $229 per month
The above plan is for 500 contacts.
You get started with 14 days free trial on any plan.
#2: Constant Contact
Constant Contact is another email marketing automation service that is great for small businesses, individuals, and nonprofits.
It is fair to call Constant Contact the best email marketing service for small business owners.
Affordable, easy to use, and deploy in any thinkable niche.
This email marketing service provider offers a wide range of services and has one of the best delivery rates.
Benefits & Features
- Over a hundred customizable responsive email templates
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Huge customer & contact relationship management
- contact management features
- Mass-email capabilities via social media channels
- Seamless integration with eCommerce stores
- Comes with an AI-powered website builder
And many more…
This software has an array of features that are perfect for marketers.
To grow their business through email marketing such as being able to track open rates, reply rates, and clickthroughs in real-time.
How much does Constant Contact cost?
- The pricing goes as follows:
- Email Marketing Starter: Starts at $20 per month,
- Email Marketing Plus: Starts at $45 per month
To get started you’ll be given a month free trial for this email automation tool.
With GetResponse email marketing software marketers will be able to carry out email marketing campaigns…
Which includes being able to send personalized emails, segmenting their customers by customizing each email message for a specific group of people.
And get an estimate on how much the campaign will cost.
It comes with a fullfledged email marketing capability plus a ton of other tools built into it (more on this later).
How Much Does GetResponse Cost?
The pricing list of GetResponse goes as follows:
- Basic plan: $15 per month
- Plus plan: $49 per month
- Professional plan: $99 per month
- Max plan: Based on a quote (custom pricing)
No credit card required to get started with GetResponse for your free 30 days trial.
ConvertKit is a full-featured email service provider and automation platform that’s been built from the ground up with marketers in mind.
ConvertKit is a powerful yet user-friendly email marketing platform.
That lets you send bulk emails, create autoresponders, and take your list segmenting to a whole new level so you can focus on what matters most – building relationships with your customers.
Just like GetResponse, you can also build simple landing pages with ConvertKit.
If your business focuses on content marketing and distribution…
Then this is the best email automation tool for you.
Benefits of ConvertKit
- Pretty easy to use email builder
- Built-in landing page builder with nice-looking templates
- Free email templates and signup forms for content creators
- Create customizable segments and set tags based on subscriber activity
- Automated email funnels for smart targeting
- You can connect your favorite tools swiftly
- Easy-to-Follow Autoresponder Sequences
Plus, many more…
How Much Does ConvertKit Cost?
- Free plan: $0 up to 1000 subscribers (with a few limitations)
- Creator plan: $25 per month
- Creator Pro plan: $50 per month
The free plan is a great choice for businesses or creators who are just getting started with building an audience.
It will allow you to create landing pages, sell products, and send emails to up to 1,000 subscribers for free.
All-in-one Marketing Automation Platforms
Lets put it simply that:
All-in-one marketing platforms provide a ton of marketing tools and resources for both large and small business owners.
They come with email, page builder, CRM, social media, lead generation, and various marketing features built into them.
Here are my favorite ones:
Kartra is an all-in-one marketing automation software that houses a ton of marketing tools and resources used by online business owners.
To market and sell their products without the need for other tools.
The entire suite of tools built into Kartra’s marketing automation system works together to help a business owner and a marketing team profit more.
Here are the inbuilt tools within Kartra:
- Kartra Mails – inbuilt email automation
- Kartra checkouts – built-in shopping cart system
- Kartra Funnels and campaigns – built-in funnel builder
- Kartra Pages – full drag and drop builder with hundreds of templates
- Kartra Memberships – for creating and hosting online courses
- Kartra Videos – Own inbuilt marketing video player
- Kartra Helpdesks – Helpdesk portal with support ticketing and live chat
- Kartra Calendars – inbuilt appointment booking app
- Kartra Affiliate – Built-in affiliate management system
How much does Kartra cost?
Kartra does not offer a free trial. But you can get to use the entire suite of tools for a cheap $1 2-weeks trial.
Then followed by the below plans:
- Kartra Starter plan – $99 per month
- Kartra Silver plan – $199 per month
- Kartra Gold plan – $299 per month
- Kartra Platinum plan – $499 per month
If you choose to pay annually for any of the above plans – you get a juicy discount of 25%.
Just like Kartra, ClickFunnels comes with a ton of tools that enable you to create, monetize, promote and sell your products and services from scratch.
Here are the benefits of ClickFunnels
- Membership builder – course creation platform
- Follow-up funnels – inbuilt smart email automation & autoresponder
- Backpack – inbuilt affiliate system
- Pre-built Funnel templates – hundreds of funnel templates
- Huge integrations – integrates with popular platforms
- Funnel Flix program – Library of marketing courses and training
- SMS marketing and push notification
Plus, many more…
How much does ClickFunnels cost?
ClickFunnels pricing starts at $97 per month for the starter package.
The Platinum plan is priced at $297.
There’s also a ClickFunnels discount of $997 for 6months Platinum.
And you can try out ClickFunnels with a 14-day free trial before deciding to buy it.
Again, making our list of all-in-one marketing automation tools is GetResponse.
Best being a nice email marketing tool for small business owners – GetResponse offers a wide range of features for selling online, nurturing lists,s and audience building.
Here are the Benefits
- A complex email marketing system
- Landing page creator – you can build your landing pages
- Webinar hosting platform – has one of the best webinar solutions
- Auto-funnel – Prebuilt funnels to grow your list and monetize them
- eCommerce tools – For selling your products with ease
- Paid ads – Built-in tools to run and manage your paid campaigns
- Web-push notification – for getting people back to your site and increasing conversions
Already discussed GetResponse pricing up on the email marketing section. Free trial available here.
GrooveFunnels is a one-stop-shop software solution for affiliates, agencies, coaches, and small businesses.
It currently sits nicely the fastest-growing funnel creation tool in the market right now.
Here are the Benefits of this all-in-one tool
- GrooveFunnels – Intuitive & easy to use page + funnel builder
- GroovePages – page builder with hundreds of templates
- GrooveSell – robust shopping cart system
- GrooveBlog – Built-in blogging platform
- GrooveMail – email marketing automation tool
- GrooveMember – for hosting and building membership sites
- GrooveVideo – Inbuilt video hosting
- GrooveKart – e-commerce, drop-shipping platform
How much does GrooveFunnels cost?
Due to its infancy in the marketing automation space – GrooveFunnels is currently running a lifetime deal where you get to use it forever.
Plus, access to future updates.
They’re also giving out a free-forever account to build your funnels.
Lead Generation Marketing Automation Tools
Lead capture tools allow you to generate a lead when someone fills out your form or takes an action on your site.
Which can be anything from subscribing for emails to signing up for a free trial.
All on automation.
Below are my recommended lead generation tools for small businesses:
ConvertBox is more than a lead generation software.
It is a self-hosted tool you can use to create popups, slide-in, exit intents, callouts, quizzes, and a whole lot more.
It’s a one-stop shop for lead generation and conversion rate optimization.
This is what I use on all of my sites for both list building and sales conversion.
Here are the Benefits of ConvertBox
- Intelligent targeting based on your ESP/CRM and site activity
- Quiz and surveys
- Cart and Checkout Abandonment
- Segmentation funnels and Popups
- Lead capture forms
- Deadline countdown timers and urgency displays
- Gorgeous looking templates
- A/B split testing to see what works and not
- Drag and drop functionality
- No WordPress plugin needed
- Integrates with other automation platforms
- Personalized messaging for each visitors
- Easy to embed anywhere on the web
How much does ConvertBox cost?
At the moment, ConvertBox is open for early access + a special lifetime deal of $495/one time.
No ongoing monthly/yearly fees.
OptinMonster is one of the most powerful lead generation software for marketing agencies, bloggers, eCommerce websites, and all small businesses.
Unlike ConvertBox, it only works on WordPress sites and has a monthly ongoing fee.
Here are the Benefits of OptinMonster
- Drag and drop builder
- Powerful Exit-Intent
- Seamless integrations with your favorite tools
- Real-time behavior automation
- Geo-Location Targeting
- Mobile-friendly pop-ups and forms
- Smart tags and leads segmentation
- A/B testing functionality
- Content locker
Plus, many more…
How much does OptinMonter cost?
OptinMonster has 4 pricing tiers:
- Basic plan: $9 per month
- Plus plan: $19 per month
- Pro plan: $29 per month
- Growth plan: $49 per month
Currently, there’s no free trial available for OptinMonster.
However, there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
#11. ThriveLeads by Thrive Suites
I was a user of ThriveLeads for years before I finally switched all of my lead gen popups and boxes to ConvertBox.
ThriveLeads is a list-building solution and a lead generation plugin for WordPress sites.
It lets you create beautiful opt-in forms, popups, and boxes on your WordPress website.
Here are the Benefits
- Advanced Targeting
- Advanced A/B testing feature
- Simple drag-and-drop editor
- Content Lock
- Pop-ups, scroll mat, etc
- Beautifully pre-designed templates
How much does ThriveLeads cost?
ThriveLeads comes as part of the Thrive Suite memberships of 8 plugins and themes.
The membership costs $19/mo. Access them here.
Social Media Automation Tools
Social media automation tools allow you to schedule content ahead of time.
It means you can post to social media at pre-set times, without having to keep a constant eye on your accounts.
This is especially important for small businesses that don’t have the resources available 24/hours per day.
Here are my favorite social media automation tools:
Buffer is one of the most popular social media marketing tools.
You can schedule posts for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and even Instagram in advance.
To run on automation.
Buffer’s interface is easy to use with a drag-and-drop editor so you can share articles or videos from your account without leaving the app.
- Custom content scheduling
- Queue scheduling (with a posting schedule)
- Sharing across multiple social networks
- RSS feeds connectivity
- Multiple posts and tweets
- Analytics and insights to track your top performers
- Integrates with your top apps
- Native video and animated GIF support
- Plan and automate your contents months ahead
How much does Buffer social media automation tool cost?
Buffer’s social media automation tool starts with a free 14days trial.
After that you have an option to upgrade to the below plans:
- Free plan – $0 per month
- Pro plan – $15 per month
- Small Business plan – $99 per month
- Medium Business plan$199 per month
If you are looking for the best app for managing, monitoring, and automating your Pinterest account.
Look no further.
Tailwind is known to be a powerful Pinterest scheduling tool that automates your content ahead of time.
But also works great for Instagram post scheduling.
Tailwind Benefits includes
- Schedule your pins at the optimal time
- Automate Pins and posts from your blog on autopilot
- Multi-account management
- Track repins, likes, comments, traffic, and revenue
- Measures and tracks growth over time
- Manage multiple accounts and collaborate with your marketing team
- Recommendations on optimizing your Pinterest and Instagram strategy
Plus, many more…
How much does Tailwind cost?
- Free plan – $0
- Pro plan- $9.99
- Advanced plan – $19.99
- Max plan – $39.99
The free $0 account is enough for you as a small business owner to get started.
HootSuite is one of the most popular and widely used social media automation tools in the market.
HootSuite gives you the ability to automate your social media posts and campaigns.
And at the same time gives you the ability to track your channels.
- Schedule and publish messages to multiple social media accounts at once
- Monitor multiple social media streams
- Social media listening
- The assignments feature allows you to assign items to colleagues
- Manage marketing team access and roles with permissions
Plus, many more…
How much does HootSuite cost?
HootSuite starts with a 30-day free trial. After which you opt-in to the below plans:
- Professional plan – $19 per month
- Team plan – $99 per month
- Business plan – $599 per month
- Enterprise plan – Custom solution
ManyChat is a Facebook messenger chatbot for starting automated conversations with your audience, building relationships, keeping in touch, and selling them your products.
ManyChat lets you send targeted messages to customers based on their needs in real-time.
In fact, this is the fastest alternative way to build your list of buyers. And engage with them 24/7.
ManyChat Benefits & Features
- Send text message reminders about products or services
- Create automated workflows
- Advanced segmentation with unlimited customer tags
- Access to advanced growth tools
- Integrate with the tools you already use
- One of the best communication channels to nurture target audiences
- An effective customer support channel
How much does ManyChat cost?
- Free plan – $0
- Pro plan – $10
Kicksta a popular automation platform used to grow Instagram followers organically.
With the help of Kickta, you can engage with real, relevant Instagram users and get followed by your ideal audience.
Kicksta lets you engage and build relationships with your followers while increasing your brand awareness and follower growth with less time and effort.
Here are the benefits of Kickta:
- Connect with real, relevant Instagram users
- Get followed by your ideal audience of choice
- Send text message reminders about products or services to followers
- Create automated workflows and schedules in seconds
- Target audiences by hashtags, gender, and location
Plus, many more…
How much does Kicksta cost?
Kicksta pricing starts at $49 per month for the Standard plan. The second Premium plan costs $99 per month.
No free trial available. But there’s a 14 days money-back guarantee.
GroupFunnels is a marketing automation chrome extension for Facebook group owners.
It is used to generate free leads from your Facebook group and also quickly approve members with ease.
You basically automate the process of collecting email addresses from people who request to join your Facebook groups, they get added to your email list and sequence.
- Automate group member’s approval with ease
- Collect free leads without extra work on autopilot
- Save hours of having to screen individual Facebook group request
How much does GroupFunnels cost?
This Facebook group automation tool costs $297 for a one-time payment.
Mention is a social media monitoring tool that makes it easy to find mentions of you, your company, and competitors on the web.
You can get alerts via email or set up custom automated rules to take action when someone says something about you online.
The Mention app updates in real-time so no more waiting for an email notification.
Benefits of Mention
Here is a feature list of Mention app:
- Monitor mentions of you and your company in real-time, with alerts via email or custom automated rules
- Identify influencers talking about your brand or keyword
- App updates in realtime so no more waiting for an email notification to arrive
- Export data as a CSV or PDF file for offline analysis
- Get instant insight into the sentiment behind
- Connect social accounts to react within the dashboard.
- Generate reports and compare the alert performance
- Monitor billions of sources in over 40 languages
Plus, many more…
How much does Mention cost?
- Solo plan – $25 per month
- Pro plan – $83 per month
- Proplus plan – $157 per month
- Company plan – $450 month
Sales Automation & CRM Tools for Businesses
Sales automation tools help companies and business owners to streamline, automate, and measure marketing tasks and workflows.
They help to automate marketing tasks such as lead generation, email nurturing & follow-ups, social media management, and more.
Successful sales take a lot of work – from prospecting to conversion.
Tools like CRM software help with all the little “boring” details that have no ROI for business owners.
Below are my favorite ones:
HubSpot is a full-fledged CRM (customer relationship management), marketing automation, and website management tool.
An industry-leading inbound marketing and sales platform.
HubSpot has a wide range of marketing and lead management tools.
That allow you to track sales journey and how customers are interacting within your sales funnel.
Benefits of HubSpot CRM
- Sales email automation and email tracking
- Lead scoring management and automation
- Appointment book and scheduling app
- LiveChat to help connect and convert visitors in real-time
- You can identify your ideal qualified leads
- Inbound marketing strategy
- Content Creation
- Great for marketing teams
Plus, many more…
How much does HubSpot cost?
HubSpot CRM and sales pricing starts at $45 per month for the Starter plan and goes up to $1200 per month for the Enterprise plan. Based on the package you choose.
There’s also a free forever HubSpot marketing plan to get started with.
Keap (formally InfusionSoft) is a leading inbound marketing, sales, and marketing automation tool.
It allows you to create and send email campaigns, manage contacts, generate sales leads, and more.
Keap helps small businesses and organizations get organized, follow up with leads, automate sales processes to grow sales and revenue.
It includes tools to manage customers, customer relationship management, marketing, and e-commerce.
Benefits of Keap CRM
- Manage client information from all your devices
- Automate all of your emails and marketing efforts
- Track and visualize your sales process easily
- Appointment booking based on your availability
- Ability to connect over hundreds of your favorite app
- Lead scoring functionality
- A/B testing
- A mobile app that gives you a dedicated business phone line, SMS & email to stay connected
Plus, many more…
How much does Keap cost?
For 500 contacts and a single user, Keap CRM cost goes as follows:
- Lite plan – $40 per month
- Pro plan – $75 per month
- Max plan – $100 per month
The last on our choice of sales and CRM marketing automation platform is Pipedrive.
Pipedrive is an easy-to-use CRM and sales automation tool for nurturing leads to sales and growing your business.
Pipedrive is a sales automation tool available in 24 languages.
Meaning that no matter where your customers are they can use Pipedrive CRM to grow their business too.
Using the lead scoring system and automated workflows, Pipedrive CRM helps businesses close more deals faster by staying on top of customer behavior across the entire pipeline:
From initial inquiry to closed-won deals.
Benefits of Pipedrive
- Lead management feature which manages your business leads and sales
- Track your calls, emails, and entire business communication
- Track performance & predict revenue
- Integrating with your favorite sales and marketing app
- Mobile app availability to run things on the fly
How much does Pipedrive cost?
Pipedrive plans come in four tiers:
- Essential plan – $12.5 per month
- Advanced plan – $24.9 per month
- Professional plan – $49.9 per month
- Enterprise plan – $99 per month
You check out the free trial here. No credit card required.
AI Content Generator & Copywriting Platforms
Content-generating platforms are tools specially designed to that generates copy for you.
These are basically AI-driven copywriting tools.
They make it super-easier than ever to create high-converting copies, blog posts, and content.
In less time with the of help AI (artificial intelligence), machine learning algorithms, big data analytics, and natural language processing technology.
The objective of such platforms is to help marketers save hours upon hours of research time through automation.
While making the process more efficient so they can focus on what matters most:
Creating high-converting marketing copies.
My two favorite copywriting platforms are:
Let me make a confession:
over 60% of this entire post was written with the help of Conversion.ai.
Conversion.ai is an AI-powered copywriting software that helps you with any type of copywriting project.
Including long-form content like this.
Conversion.ai is the best AI content generator tool to create copy, marketing content, and text.
Perfect as a writer assistant.
A great marketing strategy can’t be called great if a great copy doesn’t go with it.
This is where Conversion.ai basically aids copywriters, marketers, and entrepreneurs break through writer’s block and create a high-converting copy for both individual businesses marketing teams.
Benefits of Conversion ai
- Crafts copy for your sales pages and funnels
- You can translate your content to 11 languages
- Write long-form contents and SEO optimized posts
- Helps create and generate your YouTube video ideas (titles, descriptions, etc)
- Craft email headlines and body
- Adjust the tone to your brand’s voice
- Write Amazon product features and descriptions
- Craft about pages and customer testimonial scripts
- AIDA framework copy and Problem agitation copy
Plus, lots of other marketing copy types…
How much does Conversion ai cost?
Conversion ai comes in two pricing tiers:
- The Starter plan – $29 per month
- The Pro plan – $99 per month
I’m currently on the Pro plan, as it lets me generate long-form articles of unlimited words.
Unlike the Starter plan with only 20k words per month without the long-form feature.
There’s a free trial for new users.
Plus, a free 10k credits to new users to let the Jarvis AI machine write your marketing copies.
#23. Funnel Scripts
Funnel Scripts is a copywriting tool that acts as a complete guide to your copywriting process.
It includes ideas, marketing strategies, and templates for constructing your entire marketing funnel copy.
This tool will help you create compelling sales letters from scratch with your own prefilled business goals and avatar needs.
This copy software will walk you through a series of questions where you simply fill in the blanks.
Funnel Script Benefits
With Funnel Scripts you’ll be able to create:
- Video sales letter (VSL) scripts
- Case Study/Testimonial Scripts
- Content Creation Scripts
- Email Scripts
- One Funnel Away Scripts
- Sales Letter Scripts
- Amazon and Ecomm Scripts
- Free access to Copywriting Secrets Masterclass
- Survey scripts and copies
- Podcast and FB Live interview question scripts
Plus, many more…
How much does Funnel Scripts cost?
Funnel currently comes as a lifetime deal software of $797.
No payment plan. No recurring fees.
Other Best Marketing Automation Software for Small Businesses
#24. Online Calendar Scheduling Software
These are apps that allow you to schedule your business appointments and meetings in a simple calendar.
It also gives your clients or customers a medium to book a call or a consultation session with you.
There are many different options out there, so it’s up to personal preference.
For your small business, it’s ideal to pick a calendar platform that lets you:
- Schedule meetings without a lot of back-and-forth emails
- Ability to haring calendars with others
- Creating recurring events
- Event reminder functionality
- Location tracking and time detection for tasks and events
- Smooth compatibility with other software
- Ability to schedule buffer time between meetings
- Ability to accept payments
- Embeddable to your website
However, from my research, the best ones are Calendly, Acuity, and Bookafy.
#25. Project Management Tools
Project management tools are software that helps you organize and plan your business or personal projects.
These apps often include time tracking, invoicing, collaboration, and a variety of other features.
What is the best one?
Again this question depends on what type of project it is for.
There are many options out there. From Asana, Trello, Airtable, and Monday.
Which are the best marketing automation tools for a small business owner?
Now that we have discussed the different marketing automation tools available for small businesses, it is time to wrap up our thoughts on these awesome resources.
All of the tools are great, but some work better than others depending on your needs.
Here are my best marketing automation picks from each of the categories covered:
- Best email automation software for small businesses – ActiveCampaign
- Best all-in-one marketing automation platform – Kartra
- Best for lead generation – CovertBox
- Best social media automation for small business – HootSuite
- Best marketing sales and CRM system – HubSpot
- Best for content and copywriting tool – Conversion.ai
The point is this:
Don’t get overwhelmed by all of the small business marketing automation options here.
Because no matter what choice you make there will always be something missing.
Instead, find out which one best suits your needs and go from there!
Marketing automation is a powerful revenue driver for small business owners.
Research has it that 75% of marketers use marketing automation tools and 25% are yet to adopt marketing automation.
If I may ask – where do you fall?
See, marketing automation can save you time and money by automating many tasks that are required to be done over and over again.
Like sending email campaigns, social media posts, lead management & generation, sales processes, newsletters…
Marketing automation platforms allow you to scale your marketing efforts without taking on new employees, so you can focus on the things that matter most in your business:
Customer service and sales.
I hope this article helped you learn, discover and pick the best marketing automation tools for small businesses?