Are you stuck finding the best Gumroad alternatives?
As an eCommerce solution, Gumroad helps creators solve the problem of selling products to customers directly.
The whole eCommerce cycle is about clicking, buying, and sending. That is the simple breakdown of how Gumroad works. It is simple to use for both buyers and sellers.
Want to get straight to the answer? The best Gumroad alternative for building cart funnels and selling online is Thrivecart.
Despite its appeal for selling products online, Gumroad lacks some features that other alternatives have.
If you are looking for a simple eCommerce solution to automate your sales process, Gumroad is a good choice.
But, if you want more features, many alternatives hold better appeal and features.
Why Gumroad Alternatives?
Gumroad is a platform that allows you to sell your products directly to customers. It is good for creators who just need a platform to sell and are not looking for customization options.
If you want more customization and other options, Gumroad is not the best-equipped platform.
The need for Gumroad alternatives arises from other platforms offering the best value to creators. It lacks several features to be a great eCommerce platform for creators.
Here is a breakdown of Gumroad’s shortcomings:
- Not ideal for creators with tons of digital products
- Poor organization of products
- Limited customization
- Not ideal for selling physical products and services
- Poor analytics
7 Best Gumroad Alternatives & Competitors
Here are the best Gumroad alternatives:
1. ThriveCart (Overall Best Gumroad Alternative)
ThriveCart is my best pick of Gumroad alternatives. Simple. Flexible. Powerful.
It is a shopping cart platform that allows marketers to sell products and services. It also accommodates the selling of memberships.
Besides numerous advanced features, ThriveCart is popular for its lifetime offer that gives you forever access to the tool for just a single payment.
Plus, it offers a simple and easy-to-navigate user interface.
Features of ThriveCart
ThriveCart has several innovations and features that Gumroad lacks. They include
- A/B testing
- Advanced trial support
- Funnel builder
- 1-Click bump offer
- Autoresponder integrations
- 1-Click upsells
- Auto-follow up
Apart from the obvious, ThriveCart has many other features that help boost your conversions.
With ThriveCart, you get conversion-optimized templates.
Unlike Gumroad, you can customize it to fit your preference. These templates are compatible with all devices including mobile and tablets.
A/B Split Testing is possible with ThriveCart.
You can use this to test your products or marketing campaigns to find out which works best. This helps increase your ROI.
You can also customize the A/B split testing using advanced filters for detailed analytics.
ThriveCart integrates with various payment gateways, email marketing services, and funnel builders.
It also supports affiliate marketing where you can get affiliate marketers to sell your products and pay an agreed commission for their work.
The above features are terrific for online sellers, here is one more feature. The platform has its own in-built sales tax calculator. This feature alone will save you time and cost.
ThriveCart Pricing Plans
ThriveCart currently has two pricing plans. Both are a one-time fee so you don’t have to worry about recurring payments.
The first is the Standard ThriveCart package which costs $495. The other option is the ThriveCart Pro Account which costs $690.
ThriveCart has several advantages that make it fantastic for sellers of digital and physical products.
- Many integrations options
- Result-oriented analysis of reports
- Good user-friendly interface
- There are no fees charged for transactions.
- Advanced A/B split testing
- In-built sales tax calculator
- High pricing with the one-time payment option.
- Limited template
SamCart is an online product selling platform. It is a fantastic platform for creators and sellers to sell their products.
It offers simple yet advanced features that make life easier for creators. At the time of writing, SamCart supports over 10,000 businesses and is used by popular influencers like Lewis Howes.
Features of SamCart
To begin with, SamCart offers a drag-and-drop builder that enables you to customize sales pages for your products.
Plus, it offers pre-designed templates to get you started. No limits on the number of products you can sell on SamCart.
What’s more, is that it fixes the shortcomings of Gumroad. It provides one-click upsells, order bumps, A/B split testing, and a lot more.
Aside from the obvious, here are some key features:
- Multiple Integration Options such as PayPal, Stripe, WordPress, MailChimp, Zapier, HubSpot, and others.
- Pre-Purchase Adds-Ons
- Smart Pixel Tracking
- Advancing Report for providing valuable sales insights.
- Cart Abandonment Recovery Feature
- Affiliate Centre
SamCart offers a 14 day free trial period. It has three subscription plans: Launch, Grow and Scale.
The Launch plan costs $49 a month. The Grow costs $99 a month. And the Scale costs $199 a month.
- It offers a 14-day free trial.
- There are no fees charged for the transaction
- Has webhooks integration
- The Live Chat Support helps users get the best of the platform. It also offers tutorials on using the platform.
- Advanced A/B split testing
- Limited Integration: It only integrates PayPal and Stripe
- No inbuilt digital sales tax calculator
- High Cost – The basic plan is $49 a month.
SendOwl is an excellent Gumroad alternative that allows you to sell products, memberships, and subscriptions to your customers.
It makes it easy to draw traffic from your social media accounts and blogs to your SendOwl page. With SendOwl, you can increase conversion rates. And it is easy to use.
Features of SendOwl
To begin with, SendOwl allows you to sell both digital and physical products.
You can add your shopping cart to your website and have your audience buy directly from your site.
Aside from the basic checkout form, SendOwl allows you to add custom fields to collect more information.
When it comes to delivering your product, SendOwl offers several options. Aside from the obvious (membership plans), it offers drip functionality.
As its name implies, it allows you to release your products over several weeks instead of releasing it all at once. A fit for online course creators.
That said, here are some other key features:
- Cart abandonment
- Affiliate center
- Upsells and discounts
- API access – allows you to integrate SendOwl with your backend systems
- It integrates successfully with popular email marketing tools like MailChimp, ConvertKit, and many others.
SendOwl has four subscription plans. The basic plan costs $9 a month, the standard plan costs $15 a month, the premium plan costs $24 a month and the business plan costs $39 a month.
- There are no transaction fees.
- The pricing plans are affordable.
- It is a clean and user-friendly interface.
- Supports 29 currencies.
- Multiple-payment gateways integration.
- Lack of A/B Split testing is a disadvantage.
- Limited cryptocurrency support available.
- Checkout design and customization options are limited.
- Lacks some customer support options such as Live Chat and Facebook Community.
PayKickStart is one of the best checkout platforms to sell your products, services, and consulting.
While there are a couple of PayKickStart alternatives to try. It serves perfectly as a nice alternative to Gumroad.
It has one of the most powerful and effective affiliate management systems that benefit users.
A notable feature PayKickStart offers is its flexible subscription payment systems. It gives you the flexibility to price your products.
Features of PayKickStart
PayKickStart is full-loaded with powerful features to sell digital and physical products online.
It offers over 50 one-step and multisteps templates to choose from. The multistep templates are checkouts that break the fields into two pages and require you to click NEXT.
You can embed the checkout into your website or add it as a popup.
What’s more, PayKickStart allows you to translate your checkout page and transactional emails to over 25 languages.
Revenue boosting features like 1-click upsells, order bumps, and coupons are included.
The most notable features are the flexible subscriptions and powerful affiliate system.
Besides the aforementioned, PayKickStart still has a bunch of other tools.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the features :
- Customer Billing Portal
- Pre-filled checkout pages
- Powerful integration (with payment gateways, webinar platforms, shipping integration, membership, etc)
- Powerful marketing automation ( sales funnel, leads & sales tracking, invoice, leads/ CPA tracking, etc)
- Facebook Custom Audience Builder
- Detailed Analytics and Reporting
- Robust API / Documentation
PayKickStart has three payment plans. The cheapest plan is the Starter Plan for monthly revenue up to $10,000. It costs $99 a month.
The growth plan is priced at $199 a month, It is for monthly revenue up to $50,000 a month.
The scale plan is priced at $299 a month, it is for monthly revenue up to $200,000 a month.
PayKickStart has a unique custom option for sellers processing more than $200,000 in monthly revenue. Contact them to get the custom price.
- Free and paid trials are available (14 days)
- No fees charged on transactions
- Unlimited products support
- Integrates with API integration and webhooks seamlessly.
- Lack of A/B testing a major disadvantage.
- It does not support cryptocurrency and Apple Pay.
- User-interface not the best.
5. GrooveFunnels (Groovekart)
GrooveFunnels is a powerful sales platform and funnel building tool designed to help you run a successful online business.
The Cheapest and the only FREE alternative to Gumroad.
It is an all-in-one solution that helps entrepreneurs create sales funnels, run email marketing campaigns, manage affiliates, and conduct webinars.
It helps sellers sell their products, services, and membership.
GrooveFunnels is suitable for online content creators and online marketers. If you have products or services to promote or sell or/and you want to build landing pages and funnels, GrooveFunnels is right for you.
Features of GrooveFunnels
Built as a sales funnel tool, GrooveFunnels offers advanced features when compared to GumRoad.
It offers a landing page solution that allows you to create a page for your product. At the same time, you can collect leads and nurture them using GroovePage.
As a sales funnel builder, GrooveFunnels allows you to add upsells, downsells, and order bumps to your sales page.
Needless to say, it comes with an affiliate system that allows you to recruit and manage your affiliates.
What’s worth mentioning is that some of its tools are still in beta testing mode. Tools like GrooveWebinar.
As expected, it offers powerful checkout options with a library of templates to choose from.
Other key features are:
- Webinar funnels
- Robust Integrations
- Zero Transactions Fees
- Access to Groovefunnel business suites such as GrooveMail, GrooveWebinar, GrooveBlog, GrooveVideo, GrooveDesk, GrooveCalendar, GrooveSurvey, and GrooveQuiz.
- Royalty-free images are available
GrooveFunnels has four subscription plans, one free and three paid plans.
The free plan is the Basic Plan which offers limited features such as GrooveSell, GrooveAffiliate, GroovePages Lite, and GrooveFunnels Partner Program.
The Silver plan costs $99 a month and the Gold plan costs $199 a month.
The Platinum plan is a lifetime deal costing a one-time payment of $1,397.
It has flexible payment options if you cannot pay the sum at once. The platinum plan offers all GrooveFunnels tools.
- It is easy to create funnels with GrooveFunnels
- The landing page tool is easy to use.
- It is a comprehensive all-in-one suite for marketing and selling products and services
- Selling with the suite is easy
- It is an excellent sales and affiliate platform
- It is cost-effective
- Not all tools are ready yet
- You need to do some learning to use the tools effectively
- It is best for beginners with no experience
- There is lots of room for improvement.
CartFlows is a sales funnel software that functions on the WordPress platform.
To use this tool, you need WordPress hosting and WooCommerce. It is a fantastic tool to help sell products and services on your website.
CartFlows is perfect for selling services, online courses, physical products, information products, digital products, dropshipping, event tickets, and just about anything.
People who this platform is suitable for include bloggers, content creators, course creators, dropshippers, trainers, coaches, local entrepreneurs, business owners, artists, photographers, real estate agents, and eCommerce store owners.
Features of CartFlows
To start with, CartFlows offers a library of ready-made templates. What’s unique about CartFlows is that it’s made for WordPress.
CartFlows makes a sales funnel out of your WordPress website.
The templates are built to fit properly with Elementor, Divi builder, Gutenberg, Beaver builder, and Thrive, Architect page builder.
Besides, it allows you to add upsells, downsells, order bumps, and thank you page to your cart.
Interestingly, with CartFlows, you can add cart abandonment and global checkouts to your WordPress site.
While the features offered by CartFlows isn’t a long list like others, its’ unique because it integrates perfectly with WordPress.
Some other features include:
- Landing Page
- Analytics and Tracking
- Checkout Custom Fields
- Dynamic Linking
- Integrates with WordPress Page Builders
- Custom Script Support
CartFlows has two plans, the free and the pro version.
The free version has its limitations while the Pro version grants you access to all its features. CartFlows Pro costs $299 a year. It has an excellent user community and offers top-notch support.
- Quality templates that convert
- You can choose your page builder for this tool
- It offers One-click Upsells and Order Bumps
- You can use the pro version on up to 30 websites.
- A large number of integrations
- Unlimited Upsells and Downsells
- Additional plugins are necessary for affiliate marketing and membership sites.
- The free plan is not attractive, it lacks most of the advanced features.
Kartra is an all-in-one online marketing solution designed for digital business. Another perfect Gumroad alternative for selling, and marketing digital products online.
It performs the function of a shopping cart, email marketing, web hosting, list building, affiliate manager, video hosting and so much more.
Kartra allows you to connect all these services to your account for easy management.
Features of Kartra
Kartra is yet another powerful tool that offers more than a checkout solution. Starting from the obvious, Kartra offers a landing page builder alongside several templates to choose from.
Unlike Gumroad and other cart solutions, you can build a full-fledged website with Kartra. Plus, you can add a blog section to it.
Its checkout solution isn’t substandard either. It offers several checkout templates. Expected solutions like 1-click upsell, downsells, order bumps, are included.
Kartra offers flexible product pricing. You can sell your product on a recurring subscription, one-time payment, offer discounts and promotions, and many others.
Besides the obvious, Kartra offers some other features like:
- A/B split testing
- Mail: Automated email campaigns, email templates, and analyzed emails.
- Funnels and Campaigns: Helps build the perfect sales funnel and sequence.
- Videos: Inbuilt marketing-oriented video hosting solution
- Affiliate Management solution
- API and Integration
- Kartra Memberships
- Kartra Check and shopping cart system
Kartra has four subscription plans. The first and most basic plan is the Starter plan. It cost $99 a month.
The silver plan is the next plan, it costs $199 a month and has more features and benefits than the Starter plan.
The third plan is the Gold plan. It costs $299 a month with more features than both the Starter and Silver plan.
The Platinum plan offers all the features and benefits of Kartra. It costs $499 a month.
- You enjoy full access to all Kartra tools with all subscription plans.
- The platform is easy to use for both starters and experts
- It enables video hosting
- It saves you the stress of using different tools to run your online business, it is an all-in-one tool.
- Excellent membership portal systems
- Slow loading speed for pages and checkouts.
- Expensive pricing
- There is still room for improvement
Conclusion – Which is the Best Gumroad Alternative?
All seven Gumroad alternatives mentioned (ThriveCart, SamCart, Kartra, CartFlows, GrooveFunnels, SendOwl, and PayKickStart) are wonderful alternatives to Gumroad.
However, only one can take the crown as the best.
ThriveCart is the best Gumroad alternative.
See lifetime deal details at https://thrivecart.com/pilot-program/
It offers many integration options, a good user-friendly interface, no transaction fees, advanced A/B split testing, analytics and reports, and an in-built sales tax calculation.
ThriveCart allows buyers and marketers to sell their products, services, and directly to their customers.
If you need simplicity without sacrificing advanced features for it, then ThriveCart is the way to go.
Which of the Gumroad alternatives would you be going for?
Leave a comment below.