Writing assistant software can be a very useful tool for writers who are looking to improve their skills.
But with so many options out there, it is best to do some research and find the best product that suits your needs.
The best writing assistant software varies greatly depending on the needs of the writer, copywriter, or marketer.
The best writing assistant is one that:
- you find easy to use
- helps you write faster
- no plagiarism and doesn’t produce duplicates
- provides a ton of copywriting templates
- reasonable pricing and value for money
- awesome support
In this post, I will review the 7 best writing assistant software.
Hopefully, after reading this list post you will have an idea of which one would work best for you.
The first on my list of the best writing assistant software is Jasper.ai.
If you’re having a hard time coming up with your marketing copies, Jasper is a tool to help you.
It is an AI (artificial intelligence) platform based on GPT-3 technology.
And one of the best AI copywriting tools currently in the market that can create high-converting copy for your websites, ads, blog posts, emails, listings, sales letters, etc.
Jasper comes with a ton of copywriting templates and serves a ton of purposes for copywriters and online businesses.
Here are a few templates and copy types you can craft using this copywriting assistance:
- AIDA Framework
- Email subject lines
- Long-Form Assistant writer for blog posts
- SEO – Blog Posts – Title and Meta Descriptions
- Problem-Agitate-Solution (PAS) Framework
- Product description generator
- Content improver
- Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Blog Post Outline
- Blog Post Intro Paragraph
- Perfect Headline
- Quora Answers
- Sentence Expander & Explain it to child
- Explain It To A Child
- Real Estate Listing – Residential
- Video Description
- Video Titles
- Video Topic Ideas
- Video Script Hook and Introduction
- Persuasive bullet points
- Personal and Company Bio
What Makes Jasper.ai the Best Writing Assistant?
Wondering why over 30,000 leading brands, agencies, and content writers chose Jasper as their preferred copywriting solution?
Below are a few reasons why:
- Constant updates and improvements: Dave – Jasper’s co-founder – and the entire team reveal new and interesting features and improvements constantly which is always exciting and helps users write better content efficiently
- Helpful and Engaging Copywriter’s Community: There are over 20k marketers and writers in the official Jasper community. Lots of insightful copywriting case studies and discussions
- Supports 26+ Languages: You can translate your default English texts to other languages or write marketing copies in other languages
- Ability to add Users and Team Members: The three paid plans lets you add team members or hired VAs to your account
- Jasper Academy and Live Weekly Training from Copy Experts: This is great for new users and newbies looking to improve their copy skills. Visit the Jasper academy here.
Jasper.ai comes with a free 5-day trial and 10k copy credits here for new users to test out the platform and write over 10k words of copy for their marketing campaigns for free.
Then the paid plans start from the Starter plan of $29 per month, and Boss Mode Plan for $59.
- Starter Plan
The Starter plan comes with over 50+ copywriting templates and unlimited user seats and other Jasper basic features.
However, you do not have access to the unlimited word count and also no access to the long-form writing assistant responsible for writing blog posts.
- Boss Mode Plan
Finally, Jasper.ai’s Boss mode basically lets you produce blog posts faster, unlimited word generation, voice command writing assistant for more productive work, and unlimited runs.
Grammarly is one of the oldest (since 2009) and best writing assistant software that checks grammar and spelling.
The Grammarly writing assistant detects and suggests appropriate replacements for errors found in spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, engagement, and delivery.
It uses artificial intelligence and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to analyze your text.
Then detect and propose the most appropriate error.
It also provides a contextual spell-checker, which is more accurate than the basic word processor functions.
Grammarly also has an app for mobile so it’s always on hand when you need to check something quickly.
The best part about Grammarly is its free plan – limited features but there are enough tools to improve your work with confidence.
Grammarly will be able to help you make sure everything is perfect before submitting anything important or posting online.
What Makes Grammarly the Best Writing Assistant Tool?
- Available both on mobile and desktop: You can use your Grammarly app on mobile devices while writing
- Browser, Gdocs, and MS Word integration: It also integrates with Ms-word and works smoothly on online writing platforms with help of Grammarly browser extensions
- Also comes with a plagiarism checker: On the paid plans you’d be able to compare text to billions of web pages and major content databases to see if your content is plagiarized
- Free forever plan for everyone: You don’t have to pay to use. This is an awesome thing about this writing assistant
Grammarly writing and copywriting assistant app pricing starts with a free forever plan. Nice!
The free Grammarly plan is more than enough for anyone looking for basic writing grammar, spelling, and punctuation suggestions. I used it for years.
Then the paid Grammarly plan starts from:
- The Premium Plan for $12 per month
The Grammarly Premium plan provides more advanced grammar corrections, style, clarity improvements, plagiarism detection, better delivery, and much more.
- The Business Plan for $12.50 per month
The Grammarly Business plan provides even a better feature and allows you to add and communicate with teams of 3 to 149 members.
Wordtune is an AI-powered software that is designed to assist you to rewrite your copies or lines of texts so they come out exactly what you mean in clear, compelling, and authentic ways.
It is an advanced neural network NLP technology paired with standard AI tools that can help you create more engaging, compelling, and easily consumable content.
This tool can really be helpful for writers, students, educators, bloggers, or marketers who are looking to paraphrase their marketing copies.
The goal of Wordtune is to help you express yourself better through writing by offering completely new ways to rewrite your sentences in seconds.
Wordtune can basically help you:
- Write and deliver your message better and clearer
- Save time trying to perfect your word
- Expand your English vocabulary and sound more fluent
Why Wordtune is an awesome Writing Assistant Tool?
- It comes as a browser extension
- Wordtune works on every platform including – Gmail, Google Docs, Outlook (web version), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Whatsapp (web version), Slack, and more
- You can choose the tone and length you want your texts to be rewritten in
- You can translate & rewrite texts from other languages into English (Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, Hindi, Korean, Hebrew, and Russian)
Asides from Grammarly, Wordtune is another free writing assistant.
They have a free forever plan for new users – that comes with the basics as expected.
Here are the paid plans:
- Wordune Premium Plan $9.99 / month
This comes with the advanced Wordtune features.
Like the Casual & Formal Tones (to choose the right tone to match your subject matter), Shorten & Expand (to change the length of your text to suit your format).
There’s also a team plan with a custom pricing model.
Just like Jasper.AI, Copy.AI is an advanced artificial intelligence company with breakthrough technology to help brands create the perfect marketing pieces for their target audience.
Copy.AI also uses gpt-3 technology to generate copies for business owners in any niche.
Having a solution like Copy AI, is just like having an automated copy partner that will help generate new and inventive content for any occasion.
It lets you create innovative copy quickly with just the touch of one button.
And enables you to dream up fresh ideas for their work in seconds without having repetitive or boring thoughts come into play.
Some of the few copies you can write with Copy.AI are:
- Social ad copies
- Photo captions
- Blog ideas
- Sales copy
- PAS framework
- AIDA framework
Plus, a few more.
Why Copy.AI is a Great Copywriting Assistant Software?
- Copy AI comes with 40+ templates to create various copy types
- There’s also provide a browser extension
- Facebook community to engage with other writers and a place where users can connect with each other and the Copy.AI team
- Copy.AI writing assistant supports multiple languages (they currently support: German, English, (British and US), Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese Polish Portuguese Russian)
For starters, you can enjoy 7 days of free use at CopyAI, which doesn’t require credit card details and lets you perform 100 runs daily.
- Solo Plan
The solo plan is designed for small businesses or individuals. It costs $49/month if you sign up for the annual plan you’d pay $35/month.
- Custom Plan
For this, you’ll have to contact them for a pricing quote. Best for large businesses or enterprises.
WriteSonic copywriting assistant is an advanced AI copywriter also based on GPT-3 technology (by Open AI) that helps brands create highly engaging ad copy.
It will help you with relevant messaging, creative marketing concepts, and more.
You simply describe your product within the tool and then it will handle the rest.
No more writer’s block or going through painstaking research or laborious copywriting.
The AI-powered writing tools from Writesonic can help you generate high-performance ads, blog post ideas, landing pages, product descriptions, marketing angles, and more in just a few minutes.
Why is Writesonic a Good Writing Assistant?
- WriteSonic is available in over 20 languages – English, Spanish, Chinese, Greek, German, Portuguese, French, and more.
- You have access to 20 copy types and templates
- Every new user gets 10 credits for free to generate landing pages, ads, product descriptions, and more
As I mentioned earlier, as a new user, you get access to a free account with 10 credits to write your first copy.
Here are the paid plans:
- Starter Plan
The Writesonic Starter plan costs $13.05 per month or $11.25 per month when you sign up for an annual subscription.
But you are allowed 75 credits per month for basic and advanced features.
- Professional Plan
It would cost you $44.55 (or $40.05/month if you subscribe annually) for the Professional plan, which comes with unlimited basic features and 150 credits per month for advanced features.
- Business Plan
Finally, the Business plan costs $224.55/month (then $202.05/month when you pay annually). With unlimited advanced features and 1200 copy credits every month.
Another amazing AI writer with lots of features designed specifically for bloggers and writers is Shortly.AI.
You know, writing emails, ad copies, and crafting posts much more is hard. We all want results fast but we don’t have the time to waste on writing.
Most people don’t like writing copies because they’re afraid their ideas will sound stupid or boring. They also don’t want to deal with writer’s block.
This is where an online-based app like Shortly comes in as your ideal assistant.
By using this AI software tool, you’d be able to create a lot more content than when you used to. Especially blog content.
The best part?
You don’t need any experience with writing whatsoever!
If you are looking for something that will help increase your productivity without having to learn how to write – then this is definitely the right product for you.
Here are content types you can generate using Shortly.AI:
- Long-form blog posts
- AIDA framework
- Questions and Answers copy template
- Book Ideas and Titles
- Feature to Benefit
- Listicle templates
- Content Outline
- Product Description
- Video Description, Ideas, Titles, and Hooks
Why Shortly.AI is the Best Writing Assistant App?
- Makes use of command-based techniques to write your copy which makes it super-easy to use
- Shortly.AI also uses one of the oldest marketing frameworks i.e AIDA. It stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action
Shortly AI Pricing
Shortly.AI offers a 3-day trial absolutely for free with the link on this page.
Then, their paid plans start with:
- Monthly Plan for $79/month
This plan gives you unlimited word credit.
- Annual Plan for $65/month (billed annually)
Both plans provide the same features; powerful commands to help you write content and continuous product updates.
The only difference is that the annual plan is 40% cheaper than the monthly plan.
7). The Best Spinner
You might be wondering – “what makes The Best Spinner a writing assistant?”.
Well, a lot actually.
With The Best Spinner, you can spin words, sentences, and paragraphs the way you like.
You have full control over the entire content rewriting process as it happens in real-time.
As one of the best article rewriters, this software basically helps writers, bloggers, and marketers spin an article to generate unique variations (1000s) of that article.
Another great thing about The Best Spinner is that it is extremely intuitive to use. You can literally be spinning content in just a few seconds.
With a single click.
What makes The Best Spinner an amazing writing assistant is that it can spin generated content for any type of niche.
And it does not matter the language they read in because this software supports a ton of languages and can translate articles written in English to 14 other languages.
What Makes TBS Great as a Writing Assistant?
- The Best Spinner is capable of generating up to 100s spun versions of an original article all free from plagiarism
- Comes with inbuilt English thesaurus, Copyscape API integration
- You get $1,500 worth of spun articles as a new user
- Access to 1.7 gigabytes of high-quality reusable images for you
- You can publish your spun content to your WordPress blogs instantly from within The Best Spinner
- Ability to generate an audio/mp3 file from any article using cutting-edge text-to-speech technology
- You can compare any two articles side by side will show you how unique they are, and duplicate text will be highlighted.
The Best Spinner Pricing
Unfortunately, TBS doesn’t offer a free trial, but you can get your money back if it doesn’t work for you. You have 30 days to see if it’s working or not.
There are three premium plans that come with a yearly subscription.
Here are the paid plans:
- The basic Plan costs $67 per year
This is best for casual users or single users with just the basic spinner features.
- Standard Plan costs $127 per year
With this plan, you will get the entire features of the basic plans along with 60 monthly credits for audio conversion and translation.
Alongside access to the full seed content database.
- Pro Plan costs $297 per year
This is the same as the Standard but with 240 more credits (300 credits) for audio conversion & translation.
What Is a Writing Assistant Software?
A writing assistant is a software that helps writers to produce better, readable, and error-free written materials.
It can also be called an AI writer, content generator, or grammar checker.
Which means it creates text for the user automatically.
And assists with their work or detects errors for writers.
These tools typically offer templates (content layouts) for different purposes: blog posts, articles, social media messages, etc., hence they make creating texts easier because of preset formats available on these templates.
Online marketers, bloggers, authors, and SEO can benefit from hiring a professional copywriter who has expertise in producing texts related to their business – however, not everyone has the budget for that.
In this case, these writing assistants can be a good solution.
What is an AI writing assistant?
An AI writing assistant is a copywriting assistant that uses AI (artificial intelligence) to help you write content.
All of the best AI writing assistants use natural language processing (NLP) technology to generate compelling content without any attending human intervention.
It’s best for creators and individuals who are looking for a time-saving tool that can generate multiple pieces of content with minimal input from you.
Can AI write stories?
Can AI write stories? Some people think so, but there are many writing challenges that a machine can’t handle.
But yes, AI is able to write poems, codes, love letters, and stories. But they are not as good as human writers, but they can still be useful in some cases.
At this moment, AI is best at generating articles about things that have happened previously and churning out engaging marketing copies for marketing campaigns.
If you’re looking to write fiction or nonfiction books then the best AI writing assistant software may not be the best to help with this task.
But it definitely can help with a ton of ideas and instances.
For example, I’ve found the Creative Story templates on Jasper.AI very handy when writing stories or books.
This is a template that lets you write deliciously creative stories to engage your readers.
At the end of the day – my point is:
Humans will always ultimately need to do the finishing touches on any document created by a machine.
Even if it’s just because of rewrites, spell check errors, or word choice problems: humans are better than machines when it comes down to these.
But AI just tends to them faster at a larger scale.
Are Writing Assistance Tools worth it?
It depends on your needs.
You just need to find the best writing assistant tool is the one which can help you in your daily work as a content writer.
It could be:
- An AI copywriting tool?
- Best grammar checker?
- Best plagiarism detector?
- An article rewriter?
There are many different tools to choose from, but it can be hard to decide which one is the most suitable for your needs.
We compiled a list of the seven best tools with their features so that you don’t have to spend hours researching this topic on the web or reading through dozens of reviews.
In my opinion, they are well worth it.
These tools have saved me thousands of dollars and an enormous of time in my business.
What is the best writing assistant?
The best writing assistant for creating marketing copies and long-form content from scratch is Jasper.AI.
While the best writing assistant for grammar and plagiarism checking is Grammarly.
The best for rewriting and paraphrasing texts into multiple unique variations is The Best Spinner.
The best writing assistant software is the one that best fits your needs.
There isn’t a universal best choice because everyone has different needs when it comes to writing content online and crafting copies for campaigns.
The best way to find out which of these tools will be most effective for you personally would be to try out a few of the writing assistant software products and see how it goes.
The best piece of advice we can give you is to find a product that fits your needs best in your time of need, so there will be no regrets in the long run.